Παρασκευή, Μαΐου 06, 2005

Enterprise Library V2 Roadmap - Follow up

First of all, thanks for everyones feedback on my last post.  As edjez points out in his post, we really want to get the community involved in our process.  What I am still mulling over is how to do this in a controlled manner, but also post back the results of this community involvement for everyone to comment on.  I mean, if we only invite a few people, how is that community?  I think if we invite a few active members of the community and then post back our directions / transcripts, that would be way cool.

Here is my idea :  I want to setup a Live Meeting event that occurs every week / two weeks and let people join in an open and respectful forum.  The cool thing about Live Meeting is we can save transcripts etc and then (drum roll) post this to a wiki for more feedback comments.  Now the reason the wiki comment is funny is because I am not a big fan of them, but now that I need one, maybe they are not so bad .  Go ask peter.

Things I have to do:

  • Learn how to use / setup Live Meeting
  • Create a wiki
  • Find time to do it (maybe I should not sleep anymore)
  • Ask you guys what you think…..

Updates:

  • We are working hard on getting a new version of the Everett version of Enterprise Library (V1.1) out for you guys to address a lot of the concerns with V1.  I know that we are not as transparent as we could be about the fact that we are doing this, and I hate to sound like a broken  record, but it will get better.
  • We are working on a new forum / site that will allow for bug tracking / searchable / hierarchy message boards etc.  This will help you get up to speed on bugs / suggestions etc. and allow for this transparency.
  • We know that working with V1 is hard for some because of the pre-reqs and dependency on config. We will not be able to fix this in V1.1 but it is a priority 1 in V2.  Look for more on this. Think some form of IOC (Inversion of Control).

Original Post: Being Scott Densmore

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: